Social Worker, Counselor, Interventionist
Company: Hayden Schools District is seeking
Posted on: January 9, 2022
• Social Worker
JOB SUMMARYThe school counselor will be responsible for
coordinating counseling services to students in grades 6-12. He/she
shall be responsible for providing individual counseling, group
counseling, and relevant guidance lessons to assist students in
developing into fully functioning, confident, and competent members
of society. The school counselor will develop and implement a
counseling program using the American School Counselor Association
National Model. QUALIFICATIONS:
- MA degree and a Colorado school counseling license (or the
ability to receive one).
- Experience working with children in an educational
- Experience in counseling individuals, groups, and
- Strong commitment to and belief in the vision of the
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience analyzing data and assessments for improved
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and
- Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Principal in
accordance with adopted Board Policy.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF A
COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM:
- Discusses the comprehensive school counseling program with the
- Develops and maintains a written plan for effective delivery of
the school counseling program.
- Communicates the goals of the comprehensive school counseling
program to education stakeholders (i.e. administrators, teachers,
students, parents, and community/business leaders).
- Maintains current and appropriate resources for
- Uses 80% of time providing direct services through the School
Counseling Curriculum, Individual Student Planning and Preventive
and Responsive Services, and using the remaining 20% of time for
program management, system support, and accountability.
- Use data to develop comprehensive programs that meet student
DELIVERY OF A COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM -Guidance
- Provides leadership and collaborates with other educators in
- Implements developmentally appropriate and prevention-oriented
group activities to meet student needs and school goals.
- Incorporates into their programs the life skills that students
need to be successful.
- Provide relevant classroom guidance on topics such as bullying,
drugs, peer pressure, and conflict resolution.
- Assist students with college/career planning.
- Help students to understand and deal with social, behavioral,
and personal problems.
-Individual Student Planning
- Assists all students, individually or in groups, with
developing academic, career, and personal/social skills, goals, and
- Accurately and appropriately interprets and utilizes student
- Collaborates with parents/guardians and educators to assist
students with educational, career, and life planning.
-Preventive and Responsive Services
- Provides individual and group counseling to students with
identified concerns and needs.
- Consults and collaborates effectively with social worker,
parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and other
educational/community resources regarding students with identified
concerns and needs.
- Implements an effective referral and follow-up process as
- Accurately and appropriately uses assessment procedures for
determining and structuring individual and group counseling
- Collaborate with school social worker in meeting needs of high
- Provides appropriate information to school personnel related to
the comprehensive school counseling program.
- Assists teachers, parents/guardians, and other stakeholders in
interpreting and understanding student data.
- Collect data for Restorative Justice Practices
- Participates in professional development activities to improve
knowledge and skills.
- Uses available technology resources to enhance the school
- Adheres to laws, policies, procedures, and ethical standards of
the school counseling profession.
- Participation in county wide collaboration
- Plans and coordinates crisis intervention program with the
- Test Center Supervisor for SAT/PSAT testing
- AP Coordinator
- Coordinate with county/state agencies in providing services to
parents and students in the district
- Perform other duties as assigned by the principal or
superintendent of schools.
- Conducts a yearly program audit to review extent of program
implementation and effectiveness.
- Collects and analyzes data to guide program direction and
- Measures results of the comprehensive school counseling program
activities and shares results as appropriate with relevant
- Monitors student academic performance, behavior, and attendance
and facilitates appropriate interventions.
TERMS of EMPLOYMENT
- Salary will be based on the appropriate salary
- Number of Days: TBD
- Length of Day: TBD
- Sitting, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Vision, hearing and medical clearance to work
- Some after hours and weekends as necessary
• SPED Paraprofessional
• Elementary SPED Teacher
• Bus Drivers
• Substitute Teachers
• Elem Long-Term Substitute
Keywords: Hayden Schools District is seeking, Vail , Social Worker, Counselor, Interventionist, Healthcare , Hayden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!