Rooms Division Manager - The Arrabelle
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: December 1, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Arrabelle at Vail Square, a RockResort is seeking a hands on Rooms Division Manager to lead our team of Guest Service professionals in delivering world class hospitality at Vail Mountain's premier luxury resort. The ideal candidate will bring diverse prior experience in luxury hotel environments and articulate a commitment to personalized guest service and leadership growth that is demonstrated through progressive career advancement across a range of rooms division responsibilities.
The Rooms Division Manager will coordinate the day to day rooms division operations to maximize customer satisfaction and loyalty through ensuring associate behavior and facilities lead each of our guests to feeling welcomed, important, comfortable and relaxed. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the rooms division adheres to RockResorts brand standards, monitor financial reports adjusting operations to stay within prescribed budgeted guidelines while delivering only the highest levels of guest service. The Rooms Division Manager regularly supports our Sales and Marketing efforts through arranging and leading frequent hotel tours. A comfort level with public speaking in a variety of situations is a must. The Rooms Division Manager will oversee the Front Desk, Night Audit, Resort Services, Concierge, Bell/Valet, Housekeeping, Laundry, Public Areas, Alderhoff Ice Rink and will support operations of our Greater Lionshead Vail Collection rentals. This position is an Arrabelle Executive Committee team member reporting directly to the General Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide daily oversight and support to operational managers and employees within the Rooms and Ice Rink departments.
- Analyze systems and operational procedures to drive departmental efficiencies and implement new systems when needed
- Daily monitoring of room inventory, rates and availability to maximize property yield. This requires constant communication and accountability with Revenue Management, Reservations and Area Inventory Specialist
- Plan, develop, implement, evaluate and maintain guest services commensurate with a level required of a 5 star/5 diamond property
- Maintain product and service quality standards leading by example and consistently conducting facility inspections across the property coordinating support departments to institute corrective action when necessary
- Constantly review feedback following up in a thoughtful and timely manner to drive guest loyalty and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Lead cyclic and periodic meetings with staff to ensure all strategy, standards and expectations are exceeded
- Maintenance of Rooms Division capital projects and recommendations for future property improvements
- Serve as a contributing member of Executive Committee, ROCs revenue management team and other operational meetings as needed
- Review all schedules, purchase requests, purchase orders coordinating operations to follow staffing and operating expense budget and forecast requirements
- Provide monthly profit and loss analysis along with adjustments to appropriate operating forecast with achievement of annual property budget as ultimate goal
- Maintain all required RockResorts brand cleanliness, facilities condition and service standards throughout guest rooms and property shared facilities
- Represent Front Office and Housekeeping in the pre- and post- convention meetings and communicate needs to proper departments
- High School Diploma required
- College degree in hospitality or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Luxury resort/hotel experience required
- 3+ years in Rooms Division preferred
- 3+ years of supervisory or management experience in luxury guest service environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Windows XP or newer
- Excellent professional presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish - preferred
- Prior Property Management Systems/Point of Sale software experience LMS highly preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 162004
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Rooms Division Manager - The Arrabelle, Executive , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!