Assistant Restaurant Manager - The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: October 24, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for an ASSISTANT MANAGER to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves lunch daily and is located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vails high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Restaurant General Manager in training, and supervising all staff.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, exceeding member and guest satisfaction as well as completing management reports pertaining to revenue accounting, tip disbursements and recording, scheduling, ordering products and equipment and keeping daily manager logs.
- Have a servant leadership mindset to rally for the team and support the operation when and where needed.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures, including register drawers, safe, deposits, and change orders..
- Make employment and termination recommendations consistent with Restaurant General Manager guidelines for approval or review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of restaurant and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurants preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurants receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor and/or make staffing level decisions as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are adequately staffed, and in consideration of labor cost objectives.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Provide advice and suggestions to General Manager as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Minimum 3 years of restaurant experience with at least one year at a supervisory or managerial level - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays as needed for manager coverage - required.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills - required.
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines - required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent - preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe food safety course certification (or ability to obtain) required.
- TiPS responsible alcohol service certified (or ability to obtain) - required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf in the summer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 156141
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Assistant Restaurant Manager - The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain, Executive , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!