Maitre d' - Host Manager - The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: October 5, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for a MAITRE D'/HOST MANAGER to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves lunch 7 days a week, plus events and banquets as scheduled. Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vails brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
The Maitre d'/Host Manager is a dual role, with responsibilities for leading the host team and setting the tone for excellent guest service in the restaurant, as well as leading floor services in the dining room.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing and organizing OpenTable, the reservations system for The 10th.
- Warmly welcomes and greets, by name when possible.
- Assists guests, and coordinates seating all guests, while controlling the flow of guests and seats them promptly.
- Responsible for taking care of future reservations and maintaining wait lists.
- Answers phones and works with other personnel as needed to maintain the dining areas.
- Is able to acknowledge and cater to Vail Mountain Club members while balancing public dining needs.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, exceeding member and guest satisfaction as well as completing management reports pertaining to revenue accounting, tip disbursements and recording, scheduling, ordering products and equipment, payroll, inventory and keeping daily manager logs.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of restaurant and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurants preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Provide advice and suggestions to General Manager as needed.
- Responsible for all forms of cash handling throughout restaurant including register drawers, safe, deposits, and change orders.
- Team-oriented attitude is a must - required.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with OpenTable or similar program, and be able to train hosts to use the program - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours- required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays- required.
- Must be fluent in English- required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of restaurant experience required.
- One year of restaurant supervisory or managerial responsibilities - preferred.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines - required.
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe (or ability to obtain) required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf in the summer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 158871
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Maitre d' - Host Manager - The 10th - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain, Executive , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!