Game Creek - Daytime Assistant Manager - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Nestled just below Eagle's Nest and just above the Game Creek chair lift, Game Creek Restaurant is a truly unique location, with a private, members-only lunch balanced with a gourmet dinner program. Dining at Game Creek is an exceptional experience where guests overlook the beautiful Game Creek Bowl and either ski in for lunch or ride a snowcat for dinner. Game Creek Restaurant offers delectable, Forbes Four Star, locally-sourced American cuisine, complimented by an award-winning wine list and superior service. This breathtaking European chalet-style restaurant is Vail Mountains signature fine dining location.
A truly unique dining venue, Game Creek Restaurant is open exclusively for Game Creek Club Members during lunch. The Daytime Assistant Manager works with the General Manager for leading, training, coaching and supervising Game Creek Club lunch service staff. Expectations of the Game Creek Club Assistant Manager are to learn members' expectations and exceed them, ensure member satisfaction, work with the Game Creek Club concierge staff to accommodate member needs, hold staff accountable to these standards, and work as a liason between the dining room staff and kitchen.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in hiring, training and supervising all staff.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, assisting the service team, maintaining restaurant cleanliness, ensuring member and guest satisfaction
- Completes management reports pertaining to revenue accounting, tip disbursements and recording, scheduling, ordering products and equipment, payroll, inventory and keeping daily manager logs.
- Has a good background in wine and alcoholic beverage knowledge to assist servers and guests with wine selections from the full wine list during lunch service when the Sommelier is not present.
- Understand completely all Vail Resorts policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all members and their guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination recommendations consistent with General Manager guidelines for approval or review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of restaurant and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurants preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Provide advice and suggestions to General Manager as needed.
- Responsible for all forms of cash handling throughout restaurant including register drawers, safe, deposits, and change orders.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Minimum 3 years of restaurant experience with at least one year at a supervisory or managerial level - required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a full service table service restaurant with a comprehensive wine program - required.
- Experience in the private club industry, with a focus on food and beverage - strongly preferred.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills - required.
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines - required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
- ServSafe (or ability to obtain) and TIPs (training provided) required.
Learn More About:
Game Creek Restaurant: http://www.gamecreekvail.com
Vail Mountain Dining: http://www.vail.com/mountain/on-mountain-dining.aspx?page=viewall
Grooming Policy: http://jobs.vailresorts.com/info/company-policies.aspx
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail a place thats Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 156253
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Game Creek - Daytime Assistant Manager - Winter Seasonal - Vail Mountain, Executive , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!