Nestled at the base of Vail Mountain, along the banks of Gore
Creek, Grand Hyatt Vail is located in the heart of Vail Valley
within the Cascade Village neighborhood. Featuring Vail's premier
open-air chairlift directly next to our spacious ski valet and
rental shop, Grand Hyatt Vail offers the most convenient access to
Vail Mountain, adventure, and respite. From skiing and
snowboarding, seasonally inspired resort activities, and luxurious
amenities, Grand Hyatt Vail has something for everyone. Enjoy an
array of Colorado inspired dining options, comfortable guest rooms
and warm hospitality at Vail's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Grand
Hyatt Vail is seeking colleagues with unmatched service. We care
for people so they can be their best.
The Sr. Event Planning Manager is responsible for servicing group
events and helping lead the events team. Primary sales efforts are
in corporate and association events, Banquet Food and Beverage.
This includes menu planning, agenda setting, tastings, detailing,
pre-planning, and hotel meeting services. Duties also include
contract review and facilitating communication before, during and
post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of
The Sr. Event Planning Manager also host hotel tours, maintain
strong customer relationships, participate and will lead event
meetings and other staff meetings, and work as a team member with
the sales and events staff. The Sr. Event Planning Manager also
works closely with an assigned Event Coordinator, Event Concierge,
and other support staff. Selling is also an important part of the
role with a focus of positive contribution to food & beverage
revenue while providing high level of customer service. The
budgeted start rate for this position is $65,000 plus incentives.
Actual pay will be commensurate with experience. This role has the
opportunity to be a hybrid position. Expectation would be for this
role to be on property during new hire training and when client
events are occurring.
Role specific job responsibilities include:
- Conducting in person and virtual site inspections.
- Maintaining well organized documentation and reports in Hyatt
- Working as a team member with the sales and catering staff and
other support staff.
- Plan, arrange, organize, and execute events while meeting or
exceeding client/customer expectations.
- Prioritize tasks and independently manage workflow based on
appropriate needs and demands and the department's policy and
- Clearly communicate policies, procedures and services offered by
the hotel with clients/customers.
- Coordinate and communicate event logistics (responsibilities,
timelines, etc.) with other departments in order to meet or exceed
client/customer expectations, through Hyatt's property management
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable
Standard Operating Procedures, satisfaction of participants, and
resolution of customer service issues or concerns.
- Manage work schedule to strategically be on-site during critical
event times (greetings, breaks, etc.), as needed.
- Reconcile final invoices with Finance Department, and
- Additional duties as determined by Director of Sales and
- Prepare and be prepared to lead Weekly Group Resume meetings or
Daily Standup meeting for the team's clients or your own.
- Meet or exceed annual goals.
- Deal effectively with internal departments and maintain regular
- Negotiate room blocks, room rates, function space, food and
beverage prices, and resort services within approved booking
- Confirm in writing to the client and all affected resort
departments all group requirements via group sales contract and
Why Work at Hyatt?
-Enjoy free meals in our colleague cafeteria for every shift
-Free parking on-site
-1 hour of sick pay earned for every 30 hours worked, up to 48
-Discounted & Complimentary hotel room nights
-Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - (Full-Time colleagues)
-Flexible Spending Account (Full-Time colleagues)
-Retirement Savings Plan
-Basic Life Insurance
-PTO earned based on hours worked, up to 17 days in your first year
(Full-Time & Part-Time)
-Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and
-End of Season Ski Pass Bonus
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional
performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career
opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if
you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Our Values: Respect - Integrity - Humility - Empathy - Creativity -
Hyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity