Property Manager- Housing
Company: Government jobs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Hiring Range: $25 - $31.22
The Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day on-site
operation of residential properties owned and managed by the Eagle
County Housing and Development Authority, including community
partners, future acquisitions and partnerships. This position is
responsible for all leasing, and compliance with lenders and
regulatory agencies including HUD, CHFA, Low Income Housing Tax
Credits, and Eagle County Government requirements.
The Property Manager leads with quality service to the residents,
applicants, and efficient operation of the property physically,
economically and socially, in accordance with the department's
operating principles, goals, and resident commitment. This position
will develop and manage a budget for each property, including a
capital reserve plan for long-term property needs.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Regional Property Management (75%)
- Property management of the day-to-day operations of all
properties including the leasing process, marketing, complaints,
and tenant violations.
- Responsible for compliance with federal and state regulations
as required by property financing and partnership requirements
including audits, tenant files, wait lists, certifications, and
- Assisting with policy setting at each property to align with
ECHDA and national best practices in coordination with the Housing
- Management and coordination of the physical condition of all
properties including capital needs plan, emergency management,
contractor management and vendor supply.
- Coordination of on-site resident services including tenant
events, health clinics and community-focused support
- Leads the organization of Maintenance needs and priorities for
each property to include regular work orders, emergency repairs,
and capital needs.
- Manages the Eagle County Government Workforce Housing program
in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Manages relationships with partners and community non-profits
providing services at each property.
Budgets and Financials (25%)
- Management of budgeting, expenditures, and revenue collection
for each of the properties.
- Responsible for annual operating and capital budgets, financial
reports, budget parameters and capital plans.
- Manages federal and state compliance in accordance with
- Housing lead in property software management.
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and
materials safely and reports potentially unsafe
- Serves the community by demonstrating Eagle County Government
mission and core values and following relevant policies and
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification, or
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university, or
a combination of equivalent work experience in the field of
accounting, business administration or other related fields, and
three years of progressively responsible experience or any
equivalent combination of training and experience which will allow
the candidate to successfully complete the Essential Functions of
the position. Experience in property management preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have solid knowledge of property
management fundamentals and experience in various affordable
housing programs with three years of progressively responsible
property/rental/venue/event management experience or an equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Trade-related certifications such as a Specialist in Housing
Credit Management or related LIHTC Certificate, Section 504 Fair
Housing Certification, HUD Certified Professional of Occupancy
Certificate, RD515 Certificate, Green Management Certificate, or
similar industry certifications OR the ability to obtain
certifications shortly after employment.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate must be highly organized, pay good
attention to detail, have excellent communication skills, a good
work ethic, and the ability to interact with a diverse group of
- Software skills to include Google suite and Microsoft
- Oral and written bilingual (English/Spanish) skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Culture & Benefits
Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the
mountains. 'Your Career will Soar with Eagle County'. Get started
with us today!
- Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022?
Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness.
Check out more awards here.
- Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550
employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an
organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County
- Learning organization focused on professional development
opportunities, FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement.
- Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing,
climate change and more.
- As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the
importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work.
Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer
time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Great benefits! See the details
- Comprehensive and low-cost medical, dental, and vision
insurance (as low as $75/month for employee only)
- Wellness program where you can earn cash or extra days off
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off (starting at 12 days) and additional medical
- Paid volunteer hours
- 6% (dollar for dollar match) retirement plan
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Bilingual Pay Incentive
- Free bus pass and more
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working
in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for
our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not
discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected
status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Relocation & Housing Information
Keywords: Government jobs, Vail , Property Manager- Housing, Executive , Eagle, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!