Recruiting Manager - Year Round - Full Time
Company: Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known as the
friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our
western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring
the best employees and providing the best experience in the
industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we
have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20
plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to
endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of
community.Who We re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at
the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from
around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging,
passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us
stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these
qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment
and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest
service with a friendly attitude, you re ready to join our team. If
your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests,
rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and
more-we d love to hear from you!Perks & Benefits: Year Round
employees at Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision,
legal plan, pet insurance, PTO and Vacation, Paid Parental Leave,
health saving account with employer contribution as well as the
perks and benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These
include a Steamboat and Alterra Mountain ski pass for you and
eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to
surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage
discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted
tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout
dates. Steamboat also offers a 401(k) plan with a generous company
match, (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and
a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with
partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company
employees to further their education.The Recruiting Manager is
responsible for development, implementation and coordination of
strategies designed to recruit, hire, and retain high quality
employees at all levels of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation. This
position will manage recruiting, employment, internal
communication, and staffing activities of the company in relation
to our values and established goals and objectives. Resume and
cover letter is required.Detailed job description, including
responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used,
- Manage, train, and coach Recruitment Coordinator and Steamboat
Culture Screening Team.
- Build and ensure implementation of recruitment strategies that
includes diversity of hires, internship programs and specialized
- Maintain and develop weekly, monthly, and yearly recruiting
metrics and reports.
- In partnership with Marketing, manage and maintain Steamboat
social media sites with recruiting materials and updates
- Provides support and guidance to hiring managers at all levels
in the recruitment process.
- Manages resort background check program and makes decisions on
flagged background checks as needed.
- Manage and the full-cycle international employee process from
recruiting to off-boarding. Supervise visa processing for employees
working on H2B, J-1, and other visas annually. Able to confirm
employment offers, communicates visa information to employees,
communicate with managers and employees regarding the process.
Travel to other countries as needed, arrange Social Security
application process, etc. to ensure positive experience for
employees and managers.
- Maintain current workforce plans and communicate with hiring
managers and corporate recruitment staff as needed.
- Provide training and share best practices for hiring managers
to Hire for Success
- Research recruiting trends and stays abreast of competitor
activity to ensure that Steamboat stays current in the recruitment
- Organize, coordinate and participate in on and off-site job
fairsMinimum skills, experience, education and ability required for
- Three years of experience working in the Recruiting or Human
- Three years experience in office administration, preferably in
a supervisory capacity.
- Two years of experience in international visa hiring and
management highly preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve in a collaborative, highly effective
manner and maintain positive relationships with guests and staff,
including management, subordinates and co-workers, at times in
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize.
- Strong understanding and ensuring compliance with applicable
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office or equivalent, the
internet, desktop publishing and database management software
programs. Can quickly learn those applications if not known.
- Knowledgeable in HRIS and ATS systems
- Strong knowledge and ability in social media best
- Ability to interact and maintain positive relationships with
guests, co-workers, and management consistent with SSRC s Service
- Multiple languages are advantageous.
- Ability to snowboard or ski at intermediate level or greater
- Must be able to sit and operate a computer for extended lengths
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 20 pounds of recruiting materials on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to speak clearly and professionally in
- Must meet SSRC minimum driving standards and have current
Driver s license; a successful motor vehicle record background
check is required.
- Must have a passport and be able to travel internationallyMisc.
- Resume and cover letter required
- This is a salaried, exempt position and is not subject to
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check
- Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies,
every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms,
practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per
current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay
home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work
areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and
protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on
BeekeeperThe base salary range below represents the low and high
end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation salary range for this
position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the
range based on various factors including but not limited to
experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity
or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or
necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation s total compensation package for
employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term
incentives and many region-specific benefits.Steamboat area base
salary range: $45,000 - $65,000 per yearSteamboat Ski & Resort
Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Associated topics:
consultant, headhunter, interview, recruit, recruiter, sourcer,
sourcing support, specialist, staffing coordinator, talent
Keywords: Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, Vail , Recruiting Manager - Year Round - Full Time, Executive , Eagle, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!