Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: Oak Creek
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Posted Date 2 days ago (2/5/2021 1:49 PM) Requisition ID
2021-4212 # of Openings 1 Category (Portal Searching) Manufacturing
and Operations Overview POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for all
aspects of the site (location, branch) operations; safety, staffing
and customer service functions working in conjunction with the
Sales and Supply Chain teams. Matheson is an Equal Opportunity
Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth
under EEOC. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national
origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
- Leads the local team to manage the safety/compliance
performance, packaged gas sales, welding products and hard goods
sales, cylinder production and distribution (if applicable),
inventory, support on A/R and back office operations.
- Provides leadership to deliver a high level of personal and
team safety performance and regulatory compliance.
- Leads the Safety Culture to a performance goal of zero
accidents, zero incidents.
- Supports the direct sales and leads retail and inside sales
efforts to deliver profitable growth of the Area business.
- Optimizes profitability of the Area business by actively
managing controllable expenses, local inventory and development of
continuous improvement projects to generate hard cost
savings/profit improvement as a function of War on Waste.
- Develops area local sales strategies in support of Regional,
Zone, and Division strategies; e.g. Hard goods, Private Label,
Shielding Gases, Spec Gases, Etc---
- Supports sales representatives in customer activities, new
business acquisition, contract negotiations and customer service
- Coordinates and manages communications in the site and between
Area, Region and Zone Management.
- Reports area activity in a timely manner to MTG
- Accountable for reconciliation of cash, gas and hard good
inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and if applicable
gallons delivered vs. gallons sold.
- Shares accountability for collections results.
- Plans for succession and develops employees for advancement
within the company.
- Responsible for reconciliation of cash, gas and hard-goods
inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and as appropriate
propane (e.g. gallons delivered from vendor vs. gallons sold) as
well as daily close out location procedures
- Perform other project and duties as assigned. HOURS OF WORK:
Typical hours for this position are going to match the requirements
of the customer base Monday through Friday and possibly some
Saturday hours if applicable. This is a full-time position, which
may require traveling. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly
supervises the local site employees within the retail branch.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers,
employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, clients,
customers, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, volume and proportions to practical
situations. REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a Matrix environment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear (e.g.
relaying to employees, phone calls).
- The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to
finger, handle, or feel (e.g. computer work).
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach
with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus (e.g. troubleshooting
welding problems, driving). WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather
conditions (e.g. traveling to customer sites).
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
and fumes or airborne particles (e.g. in warehouse, at customer
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university;
- Five to Ten years related experience and/or training preferably
in site/branch operations and/or package gas operations in the
industrial gas industry; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
- Hazardous Materials training OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with
programs such Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Hands on understanding of industrial gas products, production,
distribution applications, and associated equipment.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing
- Training in Safety and Compliance (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and FDA)
Here are a few good reasons: Compensation package including:--
- Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Vail , Site Manager, Executive , Oak Creek, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!