Assistant Front Office Manager, Arrabelle
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging
to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while
infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you
someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain
exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people
who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver
unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and
unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees
across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Manage all operational activities of the hotel's Front Desk to
provide the highest standards of courteous service while meeting
and exceeding profit levels. Communicates effectively in writing
and verbally to provide clear direction to staff. Observes
performance and encourages improvement. Interviews, selects,
trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, and administers
progressive disciplinary procedures for front desk staff to ensure
that the Arrabelle's high standards of quality are met. Interacts
positively with guests and takes action to resolve issues to the
satisfaction of guest/Resort. Spearheads customer service focus
throughout the Front Desk and participates in hotel quality forum
focusing on continuous improvement.
* Authority in dealing with all individual guest issues as they
occur and try to resolve the issues to a satisfactory outcome for
the guest/Resort and updates guest history accordingly.
* Monitor room blocks on a daily basis to maximize revenue, prevent
overbooking and ensure proper room availability and
* On a daily basis ensure that all arrivals are set up correctly,
by checking room types, group billing, individual FIT rates and
* Ensures smooth operations at the Front Desk by supporting and
leading the Front Desk Agents
* Assist the Front Desk Supervisor and Front Office Manager in
ensuring employees in the Front Office are performing their daily
tasks according to Arrabelle Standards and Checklists.
* Maintaining a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and
ethics in dealing both with guests, co-workers and
* Performance of all special projects as requested by the Front
office Manager, Rooms Director and General Manager
* Clear employee exceptions, monitor time for Front office managers
final review and approval.
* Reviews current day's expected arrivals and checks all VIP and
special request reservations to ensure that they are
* Ensuring good safety practices of employees and guests throughout
the hotel, and proper emergency and safety procedures are
* Conduct site tours of the hotels guest rooms and general
* Assist the accounting department in resolving billing issues on
* Develops strong working relationships with other department
managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at
* Conduct interviews, and perform reference checks of potential new
hires within the Front Desk operations.
* Organize and administer on the job training for new employees,
and monitor training programs for all new hires.
* Participate in training classes set up by the Arrabelle, Rock
Resort and Vail Resort.
* Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of
* Able to assume responsibilities of Front Office Manager in
* Performs any additional tasks or projects as required or deemed
necessary by management.
* High school diploma
* Word, Excel, Outlook
* One year supervisory experience
* Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence in
* Previous front desk or hospitality experience as supervisor or
* All in mindset
* Previous luxury experience
* Minimum of two years of Front Desk experience in a property of
similar size and quality
* Bi-lingual Spanish
* College Degree in hospitality or business-related field
* IQware, IQtrac, Alice
The budgeted range starts at $40,500 - $46,250. Actual pay will be
adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits
* Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement
* Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off
(PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are
generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
* Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
* Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and
discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to
our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave,
passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 434110
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Assistant Front Office Manager, Arrabelle, Administration, Clerical , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!