Front Office Manager- Vail Marriott
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
Manage all operational activities of the hotel's Front Office to
provide the highest standards of courteous service while meeting
and exceeding profit levels. Communicates effectively in writing
and verbally to provide clear direction to staff. Observes
performance and encourages improvement. Interviews, selects,
trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, develops and administers
progressive disciplinary procedures for front desk, concierge, and
reservations staff to ensure that the Vail Marriotts high standards
of quality are met. Provides assistance to the front desk team and
ownership of guest services standards within the hotel.
- The Front Office Manager will assure guest service standards
are being applied consistently to all hotel and departmental
policies and procedures.
- Proactively manages room inventory to maximize both
profitability and guest experience.
- Oversees the front desk, concierge and reservations operation
to ensure efficient and timely communication of all guest
- Responsible for ensuring each shift is completing designated
- Complete and audit financial responsibilities as it relates to
- Oversee scheduling and payroll for responsible departments
- Responsible for overall success and accountability of Front
- Proactive and quick responding with guests on behalf of the
Vail Marriott to ensure no guest leaves the hotel unsatisfied.
- Preparation of all reports and paperwork, ensuring all reports
for management are completed accurately and submitted on a timely
basis including financial reporting, accruals, etc.
- Organize scheduling of the Front Office team according to
business levels, groups and needs and issuing this to the team in a
timely manner weekly.
- Respond and address all Employee Engagement feedback. Hire,
Train and hold accountable with discipline all team members in a
timely and professional manner.
- Highly organized individual with an excellent track record of
team development and guest relations.
- Excel at soliciting guest feedback via our guest satisfaction
system and ensuring VIP systems and services are in place and
executed. Respond to all guest inquiries and phone calls within 24
- Responsible for development of onboarding and training
- Assist front office managers as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma; college degree in business, hospitality
management or related
- 4+ years customer service experience in a luxury hotel
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling and payroll
- Exceptional customer service skills with focus on building
- Knowledge of mountain resort style amenities and local
- Excellent problem resolution skills along with outstanding
communication and active listening skills
- Ability to coordinate various tasks with multiple
- Ability to complete tasks in a time manner and meet
- Ability to speak in a large group setting
- Ability to work flexible hours which include holidays and
- Highly responsible with a professional presentation
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
One Job Double the Benefits. Working for the Marriott at Vail gives
you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all
the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski
Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on
retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage
of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all
Marriotts nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your
hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people
with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking
in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 201651
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Vail , Front Office Manager- Vail Marriott, Administration, Clerical , Vail, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!